Happy Day 40! Since I totally blanked on any other roundish number day so far, here's a Day 40 extravaganza!
I got up and went to breakfast, when I got there, two hours after they were supposed to open, the door was locked. While I was standing there, there were a bunch of cars in the parking lot, another customer walked up and tried the door and then she turned to me and asked if they were closed. I had my phone in my hand, so I played it off like I was already trying to call them, so I did and asked if they were open. The guy who answered was all like "yes…." I told him the door was locked and someone else came and let us in. It was funny and (potentially) tragic because the guy who answered the phone was supposed to be stationed at the door and he obviously hadn't been. By this time there were like six of us standing outside waiting for food. When I finally got my food it was yummy and I had a good breakfast.
|Awkward selfie taken with three tables full of people looking at me like I was crazy.|
After breakfast I had a doctor's appointment and then went shopping since I had enough toothpaste to brush my teeth this morning, but not more than that. While I was there I tried to find a card for my boyfriend's upcoming 30th birthday. I ended up buying him a really hilarious card, but it's not a birthday card so I'll have to keep looking.
I went to the library today too, picked up two holds, hopefully I'll be better about getting them returned than I was for my last one that I just paid $17 in late fees for (it was totally worth it for a $60 audio book).
I also went by the bank (changed my pin from something completely random to something random I will hopefully remember) and then went to Publix for food, since the road to Kroger was blocked in all directions by en entire intersection's stoplights falling down. Kid you not. They were all smashed on the road with cops blocking the road for like a quarter mile in every direction.
While I was at Publix, I noticed this:
Yes, that is dog food in with the refrigerated biscuits and cookie dough. I've noticed that Kroger stores now have a refrigerated section in the middle of their pet food aisles. Probably to stop pictures like this from showing up online.
By the time I made it home, I was starving again. I decided to try a random recipe someone had posted to Facebook. I don't have the original info except for the ingredients and the instructions, so I'll make up everything else. It's amazingly delicious:
The Most Amazing Bean Dip of All Time
Gluten Free and Vegetarian (Not vegan)
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened (like really really softened, it doesn't hurt the taste, but mine has little white lumps that some people might not want to see)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) refried beans (I used vegetarian - because I am and lard is gross)
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning (I used the plain old blue Ortega Original, it's gluten free and doesn't have MSG in it, it's also not spicy at all, and I really am a wimp)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded (or you could just buy 4 cups of cheddar jack)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat a 9x13 pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream, then add the refried beans until well blended, then stir in the taco seasoning (I don't know if the order really matters, I don't see how it could other than doing the taco seasoning last so you don't end up with taco seasoning chunks)
- Spread mixture in your 9x13 pan
- Sprinkle the cheese on top
|Here's mine right before it went in the oven|
Let it cool. I thought I had, and then nearly took my tongue out with the molten beans. The cheese really traps the heat in.
The downer news for the day, I got a call from the eye doctor's office to tell me that the super awesome special order glasses I ordered are on backorder from the manufacturer. But it's all good. I've still got glasses that I can see out of, so I'm going to wait. Just a little longer than originally planned. :-(